Sunday 16 September 2012

China: My Apartment


So here I am. I’m currently sat in my new apartment in my last relatively clean pair of boxers; they’re made by Jianjiang and they have handy vents in the front to keep my plums cool – hands down the most practical underwear I’ve ever owned but not at all flattering when the mesh is pressing against my more tender regions.

I’ve finally managed to recharge my phone thanks to the ever helpful Walter who went out and bought me a charger and adapter so I’ve taken a few photos of the place I’ll be calling home for the next eight months. It still looks quite bare because my suitcase is still in Beijing so I apologise for the lack of personal touches and you know… other stuff.

This is my hallway I guess. It’s quite large and I think I should probably do something other than keep my single pair of shoes in it but I don’t really know what. I’m open to suggestions!


Looking in from the door there’s my pretty pink and purple living room/bedroom. The mattress is rock solid and there’s traffic noise 24/7 – other than that it’s cosy.



My kitchen has pretty much everything I’ll need. The gas isn’t hooked up yet but when it is I’ll have a fully functioning extractor fan to use (jealous Mum?)


I’ll admit to being shocked when I first went into my bathroom. If I want to read the paper or text on the loo I’m going to have to improve my leg strength and work on my balance…


The view from my window is excellent. Here are a few pictures:




All in all it’s a comfortable place to live but it’ll be a lot better when my bag arrives. It’s been found in Beijing airport and should be back with me within the next couple of days. Fingers crossed that nobody’s nicked my watch…

No comments:

Post a Comment