Saturday 25 May 2013

Japan: Viva Cerezo!


I was lucky enough to get to see a top-flight Japanese football game at the weekend: Cerezo Osaka v Nagoya (Gary Lineker’s old team). It was actually a really entertaining game and the atmosphere was way better that I’d anticipated.

The match was played in the 20,000 seater stadium on the left, right next to the ground where England played Nigeria in the 2002 World Cup.

Osaka ended up winning 2-1, but the Nagoya striker hit the bar from about ten yards out with pretty much the last kick of the game.

The only downside is that they play in pink…

This was the atmosphere as I walked in about 20 minutes before kick-off. I had to laugh during the first few minutes when the Osaka fans started singing “here we go, here we go, here we go.”

One of the best tackles I saw all night, glad I got it on video!

No comments:

Post a Comment