Monday 27 August 2012

UK: Cornwall


My family has never been one to holiday in the UK. The weather’s unreliable, it’s expensive and I don’t think you’re technically “going away” unless you cross a border. This all changed when my Dad suffered his seventh successive mid-life crisis and bought a caravan. We packed our stuff and set off on the seven hour drive to Newquay early one morning. It was raining heavily when we arrived, the campsite had started flooding and we had to put up the awning. It wasn't an ideal start, but we did eventually have a nice relaxing week.

The weather wasn't brilliant, but I did manage to see this nice sunset one night.

One perk of staying in the UK.

Cornish Pasties are absolutely brilliant in Cornwall. What are the chances of that?! I haven’t touched a Ginsters since.



One highlight was finally getting to see Land’s End and the surrounding area - luckily we got some sun on that day!

All in all it was a nice week away. Cornwall’s one of the nicer parts of England and it was nice to spend some time with the family, but I think I’d still rather be in Italy!


No comments:

Post a Comment