Saturday 29 January 2011

Italy: Florence

As a big fan of the Assassin’s Creed series, Florence was a dream come true. I’d spent hours running round a virtual 15th century Florence slaying Templars, so there was little need for a map.

We started our mini-adventure in Florence on Ponte Vecchio. It’s lined with shops and is the only remaining bridge of its kind in the city.

After seeing Michelangelo’s David (again, I wasn’t allowed photos), we went off to see Florence’s amazing cathedral. The attention to detail is fantastic and the different colours and decorations are breathtaking – at the time I was thinking more about scaling the walls a la Assassin’s Creed.

The nearby Lindt shop was another highlight. If I hadn’t been flying with ryanair I’d have probably brought some home. Look at the size of these balls!


Unfortunately after our day in Pisa and Florence Will and I had to part ways with Joe, Katie and Kelly, they were heading on to Venice, but we’d already booked and paid for our accommodation in Milan, so we hopped on the last train and said our goodbyes. I vowed to see Florence again though – next time I’ll hopefully give it the time it deserves (and hopefully manage a trip to Rome too!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment