Monday 11 June 2012

Germany: A Return to Bremen


Ever since leaving Bremen in May 2011 I’d been itching to get back. I had a lot of friends there who were planning to move away over the summer, so I decided to treat myself to a post exam period trip while I still had the chance to crash on someone’s floor there.

I met up with Will and Alma, two of my best friends from my year abroad, who were still working in the city. I’d been gagging for a Weißbier with banana juice all day so made getting one my first priority.

I wanted to see the sights again, so we headed for the Bremer Rathaus…

…then the windmill in the park.

Then it was time to feed my kebab habit.

That night Germany were playing a Euro 2012 group game, so we went to a bar in Viertel called Litfass. It was packed and there was no chance we were getting to the bar, so we went next door and bought a keg. Here’s a picture of us looking a little worse for wear after the game.

Me and Will showing our true colours.

The night before I left we had a barbecue in the park. Is there a better combination than meat and beer? The Germans do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment